Friday 26 September 2008

Idea of subjects

Before I start the PTTLS course I had thought what I might be able to teach. I trained in Multimedia for years so have bits of experience in a very wide variety of Medias. But I don't really feel confident to teach any. I think this is more the confidence of teaching to people in general, I've never really enjoyed standing up in presentations and usually rely on pretty graphics so distract people from the focus on me. Obviously at some point in teaching I the focus will be on me for the majority of every session.

The subjects I would like to teach I have picked out for the simple reason, that I'm more passionate about teaching them, so feel naturally enthusiastic to tell people everything I know about the subject. I feel competent in teaching Photoshop, or Video editing and directing. I also love getting people to idea generate, that comes in most subjects. Teaching people to Blog and the importance and advantages of Blogging (watch this space!). I'd also though about teaching some kind of expressive art, which would be a huge challenge for the lesson planning, so might leave that till after I've practiced teaching a program?

No comments: